Stay in the heart of Anjou
The Manoir de Montecler is ideally located in the heart of Anjou to discover the natural and historical wonders of one of the most beautiful regions of France. Close to the Cadre Noir and the Fontevraud Abbey, our Bed and Breakfast and our holiday gite cottage also benefit from an environment conducive to sports, to heritage tours and immersion in a rich and varied terroir.
Below you will find a few ideas for things to do and places to see in the Pays de la Loire. This list of activities close to the Manoir is not exhaustive and you will find lots more information on the tourist information office’s website (see below).
Nature and Sport
- Explore the Loire by bike. (Bicycle rental nearby 1.5 km)
- 18 hole golf course close to the Ecole Nationale d’Equitation riding school in Saumur
- Walking and riding routes (More information: www.anjou-tourisme.com/Randonnees/randonnees-pedestres)
- Canoeing, kayaking and boating on the Loire
- Riverside walks along the Loire
Terroir and Heritage
- CADRE NOIR, at the world famous national riding school (partnered with Chantilly, Vienna and Madrid).
- Mushroom museum
- Pierre et lumière
- Les chemins de la rose (rose tours)
- Troglodyte caves: Rochemenier and Denezé-Sous-Doué
- The abbey of Fontevraud and the soap factory
- The chateaus of Angers, Saumur, Brézé and Montsoreau
- See the Anjou from the air at Terrefort
- Balloon flights
For more information about the region and things for visitors to do, go to the tourist information office website www.anjou-loire-valley.co.uk/